Jesus with Damsel in Distress
The first time I saw this picture, I was told it was Jesus and a runaway girl. I also had a friend who purchased it for a Christian run domestic violence shelter. It serves both situations: the audience viewing a work of art typically adds their perspective, and that can make a work of art deeply personal for a person.
Many runaways are abused children. I am including a link the the National Runaway Switchboard. This hotline offers help to runaways via referring them to a place where they can recieve help.
National Runaway Hotline
I am also including a link to an article written for the NRH that, based on their statistics, describes the characteristics of runaways. Characteristics Of Help Seeking Youth.pdf
I am also including a link to an article written for the NRH that, based on their statistics, describes the characteristics of runaways. Characteristics Of Help Seeking Youth.pdf
No comments:
Post a Comment