1/31/11

Stay Safe: Be prepared

Domestic Violence Safety Plans






The following plans represent ideas for increasing my safety and preparing in advance for the possibility for further violence. Although I do not have control over my partner's violence, I do have a choice about how to respond to situations and how to best get myself and my children to safety.

Safety during a Violent Incident

Safety when Leaving the Residence

Safety in My Own Home

Order of Protection Safety

Staying safe in Public and at Work

Financial and Independence Safety

Having these and other steps done ahead of time can make the decision to leave easier when an opportunity presents itself or my physical safety demands it. In addition, it may give me some peace of mind and a sense of regaining some control over life again. By no means is this list comprehensive and not all things on this list may apply to me and my unique situation.



My local domestic violence program is available to assist me with safety planning, either in person or over the phone. I do not have to give my name or any other identifying information. I can utilize their free services as part of my overall safety plan!

No comments:

Post a Comment